The project is organised as a sequence of complementary actions, leading to the generation, transfer and application of benchmarking, contrasted, reliable, durable and ready-to-use deliverables, including their wide-spread dissemination.
- Increased cooperation between maritime stakeholders and other Integrated Maritime Policy related stakeholders;
- Increased awareness and coordination between IMP related stakeholders as regards seizing the opportunities stemming from using artificial reefs for innovative tourism and Blue Growth;
- Sustainable public-private partnership on comprehensive ArtReefs tourism packages that joins several IMP related stakeholders from the Mediterranean and Black Sea Basins;
- Increased the use of innovative ecologic solutions;
- Evolve the regulations on authorisations of artificial reefs’ implantation;
- Guidelines and tools ready to be transferred to diverse stakeholders and other public-private partnerships across the Mediterranean and Black Sea Basins leading to increased new business opportunities, competitiveness and growth potential in the basins.
To accomplish these results, the work plan and the methodology to be followed are based on a participatory approach, including theoretical and practical stages in all the tasks and deliverables, integrating knowledge and experience from previous initiatives, inputs, considerations and ideas from different stakeholders to produce useful and efficient tools adapted and easily customizable to the actual needs of the end users.